What we Believe
- That we are saved by grace, through faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ
- That the Sacraments of the Church impart the grace of God
- That the Holy Spirit is at work today through spiritual gifts and signs given to the Church for her worship and witness to the world
- That the Holy Scriptures are the final authority on all matters of faith, doctrine and practice. Where Scripture does not speak clearly, we defer to apostolic tradition
- That the historic creeds of the undivided Church provide a clear and indisputable summary of the Christian faith
"We are a "safe harbor" of God's love. We seek to build people up in the likeness of Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit. We guide people to God's love by bringing them into the fellowship of Christ's body, the church. We bring people to maturity through healing of the whole person, teaching and equipping them for works of ministry."
The Charismatic Episcopal Church
Church of the Holy Spirit is a parish of the Charismatic Episcopal Church (CEC). The CEC exists to make visible the Kingdom of God to the nations of the world; to bring the rich sacramental and liturgical life of the early church to searching evangelicals and charismatics; to carry the power of Pentecost to our brothers and sisters in the historic churches; and finally, to provide a home for all Christians who seek a liturgical-sacramental, evangelical, charismatic church and a foundation for their lives and gifts of ministry.